- To improve Human and Institutional Capacity.
- To promote Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Change Risk Management through the establishment of National and Regional Platforms for all Stakeholders.
- To strengthen Disaster Prevention and Response Mechanisms.
- To link NADMO’s Disaster Prevention and Management Programmes to the GPRS and re-afforestation through effective social mobilisation for disaster prevention and poverty reduction.
Disaster Management Objectives:
- To equip the Organisation to handle all aspects of disasters in Ghana;
- To create awareness on disasters through intensive public education;
- To ensure disaster prevention, risk and vulnerability reduction, as a means of reducing the impact of disasters on society;
- To be in a position to provide the first line response in times of disaster;
- To assist in post-emergency rehabilitation and reconstruction effort;
- To assist and motivate community-based organizations to serve as the credible voluntary organizations to assist in the prevention and management of disasters at the local level;
- To set up monitoring and early warning systems to aid the identification of disasters in their formative stages, to disseminate timely information and warning, and hazard/disaster awareness creation;
- To enforce laws to prevent and mitigate disasters;
- To provide good conditions and scheme of service to raise morale, performance; and productivity;
- To raise human capacity and development of staff.
Social Mobilisation and Employment Objectives:
The social mobilization objectives for the year 2009 still remained:
- To harness human and material resources of communities to develop their potentials and strengths especially in re-afforestation and agricultural development;
- To organize, train, and resource volunteers, especially the youth, to assist in managing disasters, and to assist them undertake economic activities by mobilizing, training, and equipping them with the necessary technical know-how; for disaster management and income generation
- To assist communities to understand and participate in Government programmes and activities;
- To sensitize communities to contribute towards the provision of social amenities.